We've all had big smiles on our faces at AURA lately, and for a good reason! Our new line of clothing is sourced from organic & eco-friendly materials, and that really makes us happy. We want to spread the smiles, so read on for 5 reason's why sustainable fashion and eco-friendly materials are so exciting.
1. Conventionally grown cotton used in most clothes uses more pesticides than any other crop in the world. These toxins are harmful to farmers and workers, us as consumers, and entire wildlife eco systems. Organic cotton and other plants are much safer for the planet, and for us.
2. 25% of the world's insecticides and 10% of the world's pesticides are used on conventional cotton. By sourcing alternative materials and organic cotton, hemp, and bamboo, we want to offset that massive amount of chemical use.
3. Only one percent of all cotton grown is organic. Increasing the demand for organic cotton and alternative materials is vital, and we are incredibly excited to be a part of this small but powerful movement.
4. According to the World Health Organization 20,000 deaths are caused each year in humans from pesticide poisoning, about 10,000 of those being farmers dying from cancer related to the pesticides. These statistics reflect only the US.
5. According to the US Fish and Wildlife Service 67 million birds alone are killed unintentionally from pesticide poisoning each year. Many more millions of fish and mammals are also killed from pesticides. As protectors of the earth and biodiversity, we are proud to set a trend towards accessible organic clothing that won't take such a massive toll on wildlife.
If you are an animal lover, care about what goes into or onto your body, or are concerned with the welfare of others we're sure you can agree that sourcing organic fabrics is definitely something to smile about!
Have you checked out our organic and eco-friendly collections yet?
Make your wardrobe a little more sustainable today.
Comments will be approved before showing up.